[squid-users] reverse proxy caching session id

From: kevin <kevin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 09:57:42 -0700

Hi Amos,

that's going to be a problem, we can't really change our web application.
on top of that, we uses url rewrite for the our site.
the url look like this
www.sitedomain.com/controller/session_id/other_stuff/..

is there any work around that we can do with squid's conf file?
changing the session handling is really not a option for us.

Thanks again
kevin

Amos Jeffries wrote:
> Hi all, I'm setting up a reverse proxy with squid to hide my web server.
> Our site rely largely on session, and we pass our session id through the
> url. I'm worry that squid might cached the url and new users will end up
> accessing the site with a old session id.
>
> Is this a problem that i should worry about?

Yes. For this case you NEED the default cache deny for queries with ?
With squid its better to pass it as a cookie (which apparently gets
stripped from any cached objects).

Amos