[squid-users] Re: cache_mem value

From: RW <fbsd06@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 17:48:04 +0100

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 17:17:02 +0530
Sekar <sekarit@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> What is the best value of cache_mem in terms of cache_dir ?
>
> For example :
>
> cache_dir 50 GB
>
> Best cache_mem value for 50GB of disk cache?
>
> Assuming i have 10GB of Physical memory.

AFAIK memory cache doesn't cache the cache directory, it caches new
small objects coming over the network, so there is no relationship
between disk cache and cache_mem. You don't want to increase it to the
point where it starts to impact on normal disk caching.

I'd start with a 256MB and see how performance varies if you change it.