[squid-users] Content Rewriting with Squid

From: Marek Narkiewicz <maznaz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 16:51:09 +0100

Hi there.

I am investigating into a solution to set up a proxy server that will
rewrite page content as it passes through the proxy. The content will
be served to privately owned kiosks, and the kind of rewriting will be
to remove adverts and replace them with other content and suchlike.

Is it possible to use squid for this? My investigations so far have
indicated that it would be possible to code something using either
content streams or ICAP to do so, is this correct?

If so, which method is more advisable and is there somewhere I can see
examples of such 'addons'?

Many thanks.
Marek