Re: [squid-users] Opinions sought on best storage type for FreeBSD- suggestion for developers

From: Michel Santos <michel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 14:29:34 -0300 (BRT)

Adrian Chadd disse na ultima mensagem:
> On Mon, Aug 20, 2007, Nicole wrote:
>
> [snip good points]
>
>> It has been found that people are more likely to donate money for
>> something
>> specific than for a general cause.
>
> Maybe we're not doing it right; but people seem quite happy to suggest
> functionality but not be willing to donate to see it happen.

I agree much more to what nicole just said

this "donate" thing does not work

firstable, everybody is scared as myself too because "youhohoo developers"
are scary guys, you're good in what you do so that means expensive, most
are kind of harsh with whom does not know at last 100% of the technical
vocabulary - so at the end you all kick yourself out of getting something
else then honors and often not even that :) but critics

and then when comes an fearless like me and ask how much would that cost
then the answer is -z ...

Adrian, you have lot of ideas and told me more than twice you have no time
(money) to do this and that. So appending to Nicol's idea I would like you
to put your ideas on a website, short description and give an idea of
project-cost so may be you will find easier a sponsor or several
co-sponsors. As in supermarkets, nobody would buy anything when there were
no prices on the cans.

Also then there is something to what everybody can compare and then
eventual or sure are coming in offers for other piece of work I guess

> I'd love to see that change!

sure, absolutely, all of us

michel

Datacenter Matik http://datacenter.matik.com.br
E-Mail e Data Hosting Service para Profissionais.