Re: [squid-users] Opinions sought on best storage type for FreeBSD- suggestion for developers

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 23:19:06 +0800

On Fri, Aug 24, 2007, Michel Santos wrote:

> this "donate" thing does not work

:) It works fine for other projects; but it just hasn't caught on here
with Squid.

> and then when comes an fearless like me and ask how much would that cost
> then the answer is -z ...

-z ?

> Adrian, you have lot of ideas and told me more than twice you have no time
> (money) to do this and that. So appending to Nicol's idea I would like you
> to put your ideas on a website, short description and give an idea of
> project-cost so may be you will find easier a sponsor or several
> co-sponsors. As in supermarkets, nobody would buy anything when there were
> no prices on the cans.

A good place would be helping out squish the bugs in bugzilla. That, and test
Squid-3 where you can and provide feedback.

I'll get that list together after the release of Squid-3.0. Stuff has popped up
from time to time on squid-dev but it'd require some discussion about future
direction before we put a "TODO, please help fund?" list up.

Oh, and thankyou Nicole for donating via PayPal. :)

Adrian