[squid-users] set up squid in accelerator-mode (reverse) so that it still uses a external proxy (squidcache_peer ...)

From: Stefan S. <schulze84@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 18:55:10 +0200

  I wonder if it´s possible to set up squid in accelerator-mode
(reverse) so that he still uses a external proxy (for example my ISP´s one)?

To test if squid can do so I set up my *2,5* squid as followed (with
Privoxy as parent proxy- I used Privoxy because it filters ads, so it is
easy to see if it works our not) :

http_port 80
squidcache_peer IP_OF_MY_PRIVOXY_PROXY parent 8118 0 default no-query
no-digest
httpd_accel_host SIDE_WHERE_I_KNOW_PRIVOXY_WOULD_FILTER_ADS
httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_single_host on
httpd_accel_with_proxy on
httpd_accel_uses_host_header off

I let squid work as reverse-proxy and normal caching-proxy at the same
time ("httpd_accel_with_proxy on".

When I now set up my browser to use squid, and go to the side
"SIDE_WHERE_I_KNOW_PRIVOXY_WOULD_FILTER_ADS" I see that squid used
Privoxy because the ads are gone.

When I now set up my browser to connect directly without squid and I go
to the side where the squid is running as reverse proxy, it shows me the
side "SIDE_WHERE_I_KNOW_PRIVOXY_WOULD_FILTER_ADS" but with the ads, so
squid doesn´t use the proxy set up with the line "squidcache_peer
IP_OF_MY_PRIVOXY_PROXY parent 8118 0 default no-query no-digest" when it
acts as a reverse proxy.

Is it possible to configure it to do so?
(even when it´s not in version 2.5)