Re: [squid-users] Re: How to enable these FEATURES in SQUID

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 16:23:56 +0800

Its not really a function of the Squid software; its a function of whatever
authentication backend you decide to use.

You could quite happily script up a bunch of stuff to store usernames/passwords/
expiry information in an SQL table and use a basic authentication helper to
authenticate against that.

Squid doesn't come with all of that by default.

(But in an amusing twist of fate, thats one of the requirements for my
commercial squid appliance in its first round, so I've written it. ;)

Adrian

On Mon, Sep 03, 2007, Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to enable below fetures in SQUID.
> >
> > features are,
> >
> > when users access Internet with nsca_auth featue, They are asked to
> > type username and password.
> >
> > Can I set a life time (5 days or 2 weeks like that) to that password
> > .when that time period expires, Users SHOULD change their passwords.
> >
> > password should have below fetures.
> >
> > to add the new passwrd, old password should be entered.
> > it should contain both numbers and letters.
> > minimum lenth of the password should be 8 characters.
> >
> > Finally,
> >
> > I need a Password change log too.
> >

> > YOUR COMMENTS?
> >

> --
> Thank you
> Indunil Jayasooriya

- $25/pm entry-level bandwidth-capped VPSes available in WA -