Re: [squid-users] webmails are not accessible - SQUID 2.5.STABLE12

From: Tek Bahadur Limbu <teklimbu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 18:29:21 +0545

Hi Simsam,

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 15:12:58 +0400
shijjawi@wddjv.com wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have SQUID 2.5 server implemented on SUSE linux enterprise 10.
> No access lists are there, the http traffic has no problems.
>
> I could not access any webmail! I have edited the squid.conf file to build
> time based ACL and it worked, but even before I did that, webmails were
> not accessible!

Which webmails are you indicating? Hotmail, Yahoo, etc? Most of them use HTTPS. What's your ACL for SSL_ports?

Are you running Squid in transparent mode? Also are you filtering traffic with some kind of firewall? Do you have an parent cache or a firewall in front of your squid box?

What error message does your Squid cache give you when you try to access webmails? What does cache.log and access.log say?

Try accessing webmails such as myway.com with and without secure mode and check if you can access it's webmail with HTTP and HTTPS.

> Is it a common issue? Please advise.

It's not a common issue. I can't imagine what thousands of clients will say if they can't access the webmail service of Hotmail and Yahoo! And there are thousands of other webmail sites.

I would also recommend you to upgrade to the latest version of Squid which is 2.6.STABLE14 currently.

You can find the source package from the link below:

http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.6/squid-2.6.STABLE14.tar.gz

Hope it helps.

Thanking you...

> regards,