Re: [squid-users] webmails are not accessible - SQUID 2.5.STABLE12

From: <shijjawi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 21:05:43 +0400

Hi Peter,

No, this is only the https rule, I wrote it done to illustrate that the
https ports are open.
All http traffic are opened.

Could you please give me the commands needed to install SQUID 2.6
according to tek's advise.
I got the file from the site, I have some worries as the upgrade might
affect the current setup!

Thank you,
Simsam

Peter Albrecht <peter.albrecht@novell.com>
09/05/2007 05:58 PM

squid-users@squid-cache.org
cc

Subject
Re: [squid-users] webmails are not accessible - SQUID 2.5.STABLE12

Hi Simsam,

> I am still beginner in this field but I could tell you that the proxy
> itself is acting as a firewall, no specific protocol filtration and
here
> is the acl for the SSL port:
>
> acl SSL_ports port 443 563
> http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
>
> acl Safe_ports port 443 563 # https, snews
> http_access deny !Safe_ports

Is this your only http_access rule? That would mean you only allow https
connections and no http connections.

> The machine hosting the squid is directly connected to the router, as I
> mentioned before it is the firewall also and no ACL are there!
> No it is not running in the transparent mode!
>
> Before deploying the SQUID, this webmail was normally opening.
>
> When trying to access a specific webmail like
> http://mailhost.ccc.com.om/mail it is giving the following:

If you only allow https as mentioned above, that will always be denied. Do

http connections to other servers work?

> Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
> Most likely causes:
> You are not connected to the Internet.
> The website is encountering problems.
> There might be a typing error in the address.

This does not look like a Squid message denying access ... Please send all

your ACL and http_access rules from squid.conf so that we can have a look.

Regards,

Peter

--
Peter Albrecht, Novell Training Services