Re: [squid-users] webmails are not accessible - SQUID 2.5.STABLE12

From: Peter Albrecht <peter.albrecht@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 15:58:52 +0200

Hi Simsam,

> I am still beginner in this field but I could tell you that the proxy
> itself is acting as a firewall, no specific protocol filtration and here
> is the acl for the SSL port:
>
> acl SSL_ports port 443 563
> http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
>
> acl Safe_ports port 443 563 # https, snews
> http_access deny !Safe_ports

Is this your only http_access rule? That would mean you only allow https
connections and no http connections.

> The machine hosting the squid is directly connected to the router, as I
> mentioned before it is the firewall also and no ACL are there!
> No it is not running in the transparent mode!
>
> Before deploying the SQUID, this webmail was normally opening.
>
> When trying to access a specific webmail like
> http://mailhost.ccc.com.om/mail it is giving the following:

If you only allow https as mentioned above, that will always be denied. Do
http connections to other servers work?

> Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
> Most likely causes:
> You are not connected to the Internet.
> The website is encountering problems.
> There might be a typing error in the address.

This does not look like a Squid message denying access ... Please send all
your ACL and http_access rules from squid.conf so that we can have a look.

Regards,

Peter

--
Peter Albrecht, Novell Training Services