Re: [squid-users] 2.6 to 3.0

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:23:11 +1200 (NZST)

> Hi,
>
> How difficult will it be to upgrade from version 2.6 to 3.0 when it is
> released? When is the release date?

3.0 is out already for PRE releases (fairly stable, though not yet well
tested under high production loads).

I found the upgrade from 2.6 to 3.0pre6 was nearly seamless for simple
setups using the pre-built OS packages.

Some less-common modules have been omitted and with them their squid.conf
options, so checking your .conf is worthwhile before the change. The
details are all in
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.0/squid-3.0.PRE7-RELEASENOTES.html

As for timing, a week ago when I asked Henrik told me it was waiting only
on a body to take up the stable maintenance work of a few hours a week.
Any volunteers?

Amos