RE: [squid-users] Configuring ICAP with Squid 3.0 Pre7

From: Christos Tsantilas <christos@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 11:18:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Shailesh,

> Can you provide me with some more details to examine the Squid/ICAP
> negotiation?

You can use tcpdump (or better wireshark) to examine squid/ICAP
negotiation. Look Henriks notes about tcpdump usage here:
  http://marc.info/?l=squid-users&m=118936426216901&w=2
Maybe you can post some tcpdump info to allow squid developers to examine
if it is a squid or ICAP server bug ....

The ICAP protocol is HTTP based so I think it is easy to debug it.
For the OPTIONS requests (which fails in your case) the squid must send
something like this:

OPTIONS icap://127.0.0.1:1344/reqmod ICAP/1.0
Host: 127.0.0.1:1344

And ICAP server should response with something like the following:

ICAP/1.0 200 OK
Methods: RESPMOD, REQMOD
Service: ICAP server
Transfer-Preview: *