[squid-users] Child Squid Server(s) - Log username in access.log file

From: Adam Parsons <adamp@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:13:10 +0930 (CST)

Hi,

We have a large number of SquidNT servers that are setup to cache locally, but we also have a parent SquidNT server that all these child Squid servers are directed to. The following squid conf line from the child squid servers.

cache_peer proxy.x.com parent 8080 3130 no-query default login=PASS

Each user has a username and password that is setup on the Parent SquidNT Server and passed through the local Squid box to the parent server.

My question is, is it possible to have the username and password included in the child server access logs, so the local sites can interpret where the users are going. At the moment we only see IP addresses.

Thanks, Adam