[squid-users] header_replace cache-control

From: Jon <jonsml@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 22:02:07 -0400

Hi all,

I've been reading the past posts about header_replace but can't seem
to get an answer. I run squid in cache acceleration mode, I'm trying
to return a specific expiration date in the header for the images I
cache from my backend servers. As far as I Know I tried setting the
value "header_replace Cache-Control max-age=10080" in the squid.conf
file but I still get a random expiration date. I also tried setting
"header_access Cache-Control deny all" and set "refresh_pattern .
10018 0% 10080".

What do I need to do exactly for squid to respond to the client's web
browser with a specific expiration date in the header?

Thanks all,

Jon