[squid-users] accel-mode with round-robin and parent proxy

From: Stefan S. <schulze84@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 01:28:22 +0200

Hallo,

I use Squid pre3 (on SuSE 9.3) in accel mode with the config:

http_port EXTERNAL_IP:80 accel defaultsite=MY_DOMAIN.TLD

cache_peer IP-ADRESS1 parent 80 0 no-query originserver round-robin
cache_peer IP-ADRESS2 parent 80 0 no-query originserver round-robin

which works really good.

Now I added a parent proxy through which squid should connect to the
backend servers.

I did this by adding:

cache_peer localhost parent 8118 0 default no-query no-digest

The issue is:

The proxy works, but seems to disable the round-robin, because only the

"cache_peer IP-ADRESS1 parent 80 0 no-query originserver round-robin"

server works with the parent proxy.

When I disable the parent proxy the round-robin works great again.

(As a test I copied two files "index.html" with the content-text
"server1" and "server2" into the htdocs-root of the backend servers.
When I reload MY_DOMAIN.TLD with the proxy disabled I see the text
changing at every reload. With the proxy enabled, I just see the text
"server1")

Is it possible to use round-robin with a parent proxy enabled? Or is my
config wrong.

Greetings and thanks, Stefan