Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.0 ICAP response codes.

From: Christos Tsantilas <christos@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 07:13:50 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Henrik,

> I was hoping you remembered... but it was a couple of years since your
> squid-2.5 icap change the comment refers to...
>
> http://devel.squid-cache.org/changesets/squid/patches/7021.patch

Yep, true...
I remembered 201 responses but not exactly why they needed ...
Symantec scan engine uses 201 responses:
   http://cvs.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200508/0690.html

>> I think the best is to fill a bug report here:
>> http://www.squid-cache.org/bugs/
>
> Yes, or with the product vendor.. it's quite unclear to me what an ICAP
> 201 response would mean, or what such response should contain to make
> sense..

The ICAP RFC does not talk about 201 responses but says that ICAP status
codes "match the status codes defined by HTTP (Section 6.1.1 and 10 of
[4]), except where otherwise indicated" in ICAP RFC.

Maybe 201 responses make sense in the case the content returned to the
ICAP client is not the original but created internally by ICAP server.
As I can understand can handled exactly as the 200 responses by the squid
ICAP client so, I think, it is easy to support them....

Regards,
   Christos