RE: [squid-users] Squid setup questions

From: Antonio Pereira <apereira@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 17:00:25 -0400

Ok Great.

I have a hardware based firewall.

What setup in the way of the squid box is best physically take the cable
from the firewall and put 2 nics on the squid box and plug 1 nic to the
firewall and the other to the backbone switch. Or just use 1 nic on the
squid box and put a rule in the firewall to allow only outbound http
traffic from the squid box.
Right now everyone defaults to the firewall and all http traffic goes
out to the internet. We also have VPN and web and ssl traffic coming is
from inbound http.

Thanks again