Re: [squid-users] Squid setup questions

From: Tek Bahadur Limbu <teklimbu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 01:58:15 +0545

Hi Antonio,

Antonio Pereira wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have pretty much redundant question but I would like some opinions
> before I venture into this possible solution.
>
> I have 4 sites on an MPLS network that access the internet via 1
> location, at this 1 location there is already a firewall. What I would
> like to do is start blocking web sites and start block web traffic.
>
> What is the best setup with squid for this type of setup? What documents
> should I read for this type of setup?

Not sure about MPLS networking. However, in your case, it should be
simple. Just run Squid transparently on the gateway (firewall) from
where all 4 sites gets access to the internet.

Adding SquidGuard or DansGuardian or even custom ACLs will provide you
with all the web blocking functionalities.

Thanking you...

--
With best regards and good wishes,
Yours sincerely,