Re: [squid-users] How can I clean out old objects - refresh_patterns , extra memoryt usage and more..

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:28:10 +0200

On tis, 2007-09-18 at 17:27 -0700, Nicole wrote:

> However, I have not noticed it expiring out old objects and freeing up disk
> space like I thought it would.

Why should it? Even old objects is useful as Squid can query the origin
to check if the object has changed.

If you want to reduce the size of the cache then you have to reduce the
size of the cache, not the freshness.. The size of the cache is set in
cache_dir.

Memory consumption is linear to the number of objects you have in the
cache, as explained in the FAQ chapter on memory usage.

> Is there any way to tell the age of the objects eating up my cache storage
> space?

If you are using the default LRU cache replacement policy then this
information is available per cache_dir using cachemgr.