[squid-users] HTTP Header Manipulation Question

From: <techguy005-ml@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 15:39:27 -0700 (PDT)

I have an application that passes a value back to the
client using the HTTP Status string:

Response.Status = Response.Status & " " & FileSize

This would return an HTTP status to the client looking
like below, which says 200 for success and 56320000
for the number of bytes uploaded to the server.

200 56320000

Unfortunately, Squid doesn't see that as a valid HTTP
status (and rightfully so) and trims off the 56320000
and replaces it with "OK". Therefore, the application
errors on the client side because its expecting a
value back in the HTTP Header. Below is what I found
in testing:

Through the Squid proxy: HTTP/1.0 200 OK

Direct to Web Server: HTTP/1.1 200 56320000

The developers are working on fixing this, but for the
time-being, is there any setting in Squid that I can
set to allow it to pass the value back after the "200"
status code (i.e. replace the "OK" with a value)?

What I'd like Squid to pass back is:

HTTP/1.0 200 <value>
Example: HTTP/1.0 200 56320000

Any assistance would be appreciated.