Re: [squid-users] HTTP Header Manipulation Question

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 10:38:12 +0200

On tor, 2007-09-20 at 15:39 -0700, techguy005-ml@yahoo.com wrote:

> and replaces it with "OK". Therefore, the application
> errors on the client side because its expecting a
> value back in the HTTP Header.

This is a broken application. The description after the HTTP status
should not be used by automata, it's only meant to be used as a aid to
humans explaining the status code and may be replaced freely.

Values to be used by automata should be sent as headers, not in the
status line (other than the status code itself obviously..)

> The developers are working on fixing this, but for the
> time-being, is there any setting in Squid that I can
> set to allow it to pass the value back after the "200"
> status code (i.e. replace the "OK" with a value)?

Unfortunately not.