Re: [squid-users] delay_parameters Suggestion

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:44:46 +0200

On ons, 2007-09-26 at 05:26 +0700, Lazuardi Nasution wrote:

> Do the "Size" mean the size per connection of each user or the size of
> total contents of each user?

Total contents of each client.

> Can we limit per connection basis?

No, and would not be very effective as your users will quickly figure
out and start using download managers which splits the download over
very many connections.

> If
> "Size" means the size total content of each user, any suggestion "Size" to
> not limit standard browsing activities but limit huge download activities
> ?

I think your values is quite reasonable for what you want to accomplish.
(4/256 KB).

> Should I put "delay_initial_bucket_level 100" for first "Size" access ?

Probably. Things do get a little more predictable then..