Re: [squid-users] Firefox automatic search

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 13:27:10 +0200

On mån, 2007-10-01 at 17:13 -0400, Ted To wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a way to get firefox's automatic search
> feature to work with squid? When I type something like squid-cache
> into the location window, I get the following instead of going to
> squid-cache.org as I'm used to.

There is a relatively simple feature to keep this function while still
using a proxy. This feature of the browser is activated when the browser
encounters an unresolvable hostname, so you activate this function by
using a proxy autoconfig scripts which tells the browser to attempt to
contact the site directly if the destination is unresolvable.

Another alternative is to build the function in the proxy by using a url
rewriter helper.