[squid-users] Firefox automatic search

From: Ted To <forums@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 17:13:45 -0400

Does anyone know if there is a way to get firefox's automatic search
feature to work with squid? When I type something like squid-cache
into the location window, I get the following instead of going to
squid-cache.org as I'm used to.

Thanks in advance.
Ted To

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://squid-cache/

The following error was encountered:

    Unable to determine IP address from host name for squid-cache

The dnsserver returned:

    Name Error: The domain name does not exist.

This means that:

 The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.
 Check if the address is correct.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.
Generated Mon, 01 Oct 2007 21:12:21 GMT by localhost.localdomain
(squid/2.5.STABLE12)