Re: [squid-users] Firefox automatic search

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 00:03:45 +1300

Ted To wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a way to get firefox's automatic search
> feature to work with squid? When I type something like squid-cache
> into the location window, I get the following instead of going to
> squid-cache.org as I'm used to.

Get used to using the Internet properly then. Squid behaves as it
should. Participating in the M$-initiated DDoS of the root DNS is not
good netiquette.

Seriously though, you can simulate the same behaviour by adding .com,
.org, .net, and any other TLD you like to the squid servers resolv.conf
(or elsewhere if its windows).

NP: That way only your server will have the additional 90+ second delay
while it looks up alternative TLD on *every* non-resolvable domain.

Amos