Re: [squid-users] Caching Expired Objects - One Small Step Forward

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 16:55:56 +0800

On Mon, Oct 08, 2007, Solomon Asare wrote:

> Thanks for the info on large file sizes and memory
> requirements. I store the objects in squid, not in
> apache. The apache is a non-caching proxy.
> Essentially, it rewrites the headers to clear the
> no-store, expiration, etc., limitations. Thats all.

Aha! Cool. I have to admit, I hadn't looked very deeply at it.
Thats weird though. I'm able to cache the resultant videos with:

refresh_pattern -i \.flv$ 10080 90% 999999 reload-into-ims
acl youtube dstdomain .youtube.com
cache allow youtube

Which worked fine when I last worked on it a couple months ago.
So unless they've gone and changed how they serve content again..!

Ah. You're not doing rewriting inside Apache or Squid - you're
building up jesred rules based on the proxy logs. I see. Cool.

It seems they have gone and changed how they serve videos. Argh!
I'll have to look some more into it later on. Squid could probably
be patched to do what you're using Apache for..

Adrian