Re: [squid-users] Caching Expired Objects - One Small Step Forward

From: Solomon Asare <solomonasare@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 02:17:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
--- Adrian Chadd <adrian@creative.net.au> wrote:

> I'll have to look some more into it later on. Squid
> could probably
> be patched to do what you're using Apache for..
>

> Adrian

That will be great, but what I don't understand is why
they don't want to make such a static object
cacheable. Microsoft, Google, and those whose traffic
take up most of the Internet's capacity should make
their content cacheable so as to help all of us. At
some periods windowsupdate.com takes up about 10% of
total traffic with virtually no significant HITs.

Thanks,
solomon.