Re: [squid-users] transparent proxying

From: Indunil Jayasooriya <indunil75@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 14:31:33 +0530

> Hi Indunil,
> Thank you so much for your kind help. I am
> using squid 2.6. Where do I add these lines.
> iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -i eth2 --dport 80
> -j REDIRECT --to-port 3128.

OH, SORRY for the above rule. u r using ROCK SOLID FreeBSD. Free BSD
comes with pf or ip filter firewall. Just ask BSD gurus how to write
that rule in BSD.

just look at belwo URL.

http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200106/0633.html

> I am using a cisco 1841 series router. Could you please
> tell me the configuration on router to incorporate wccpv2.

How is your network setup. what is your ip address of your client PC.

When you browse internet. It goes to port 80. So, to go via squid, it
should redirect to squid port 3128.

is cisco 1841 series router the gateway of your PC?

Hope ot hear from you.

--
Thank you
Indunil Jayasooriya