Re: [squid-users] how to use accel url_rewrite_program urlgroup and cache_peer?

From: Sylvain Viart <sylvain.viart@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 11:10:01 +0200

Sylvain Viart a écrit :
> Yes, I'm still using the redirector. I posted the my self reply just
> to match my initial post subject.
Here's part of the config without the redirector:

# disabling urlgroup ACL and activating acl on urlpath_regex matching
# url_rewrite_program can also be disabled
# urlgroup = '!filer'! matching acl from url_rewrite_program
#acl static_doc urlgroup filer

# filer content matching rules ACL, url beginning with the following regexp
acl static_doc urlpath_regex ^/(js/static_file|media|thumb)

# filer server access rules
cache_peer_access filer-01 allow static_doc
cache_peer_access filer-01 deny all

# php server access exclusion for static_doc matcher on the filer
cache_peer_access php-03 deny static_doc
cache_peer_access php-04 deny static_doc

works with the same on the cache_peer_access access

> I will try to remove it, because the rewriting or more precisely the
> URL handling is done on the origin server side.
One problem I see by removing the redirector is that url on the filer
are handled by apache ok, but the same document may be accessed by many
domain. On squid 2.5 when I tested the config, I got the nice result of
caching rewrited URL. It means that :

http://domain1.com/img/file1.jpg
http://domain123.com/img/file1.jpg

was cached as the same file.

It would be great, if I would be able to achieve the same thing with the
php peer, but they need the Host http field to handle the request properly.

http://domain1.com/some/static/content.css
http://domain1456.com/some/static/content.css

I'm exploring a shared config between apache and squid with could
contain some canonical vhost name for multi aliassed vhost.

To be continued...
Sylvain.