Re: [squid-users] anonymous proxying sites

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 16:00:16 +0800

On Thu, Oct 11, 2007, Thompson, Scott (WA) wrote:
> Hi all
> I was wondering if anyone knew a way to block access to anonymous
> proxying sites. Some of our users have worked out how to bypass the
> denied.list and as a result we have no logging as to their surfing
> activity
> If the only way to do it is via the denied.list does anyone have a good
> list of sites that perform this function?
> Some I know of are anonomyzer.com and blockedsiteaccess.com

First turn off strip_query_terms in case those sites are showing up
as http://anonproxy.com?site=foo ; squid by default strips everything
after the first ?.

Then, please note that Squid only sees stuff that is sent to it -
if users are able to bypass the web proxy (eg by using another port
if you're doing transparent interception) then you won't see it.

I'm trying to build this stuff into my appliance as a combination of
squid rules and IP rules to block malware and anonymous proxy sites.

Adrian