Re: [squid-users] Can squid 2.6 STABLE 16 in accelerator mode, run on only one interface ?

From: Joop Beris <j.beris@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 08:35:16 +0200

Hey Mark,

On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 08:38 -0700, Raemaekers Mark wrote:
> I am wondering if it possible to run squid on a
> machine having only one ethernet interface.

Yes, that's no problem in my experience.

> I am very reluctant to go for this setup since I
> expect a lot of performance issues.
> Do you agree with me ? Is there any estimate with
> respect to performance loss ?
>
> What is your opinion about this ?

I have done this setup for a previous employer on a low-end server
system, for about 160 people who were all using this proxy. There were
no complaints about performance then and I know for a fact they are
still using the same setup.

HTH,

Joop

Dit bericht is gescand op virussen en andere gevaarlijke
inhoud door MailScanner en lijkt schoon te zijn.
Mailscanner door http://www.prosolit.nl
Professional Solutions fot IT