Re: [squid-users] Filemanager

From: Michael Jurisch <archer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 12:57:42 +0200

Hi!

> You probably need to explain why you want to do this. For example - why
> would you need to change the file permissions? If squid created the
> file in the cache, it can read it back - why would you want to change
> the permissions?

Ok, I try to keep it short:
We want to deliever specific content via the proxy, so that the original server hasn't to handle all the load. But we also want that a web editor can decide, that a certain file will be deleted from the cache within seconds manually and also lock (change file permission) the files, which means the file should remain in cache, but surfers can't access them (= stoping delivering the content). That later one was just a thought of mine, I want to test whether it works or not.

In the end we want to have a web front end for customers who can easily do that things describe above.

Thanks,
Micha