Re: [squid-users] Fwd: transeparent prxy and a reverse proxy simultaneously ?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 00:33:26 +1300

Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:
> On 10/16/07, Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz> wrote:
>> Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:
>>> Hi ,
>>>
>>> I want to know that is it possible for a single Squid server to serve
>>> both as a transeparent INTERCEPTING proxy and a reverse proxy
>>> simultaneously ?
>> Yes. I have all three modes operating here at present. Interceptiong,
>> forward, and accelerator/reverse.
>>
>> Just segregate your squid.conf so you can tell the accelerator-specific
>> configuration apart from the general and you'll be fine.
>>

> Pls see below for CURRENT squid.conf file.
>

> http_port 3128
> httpd_accel_host virtual
> httpd_accel_port 80
> httpd_accel_with_proxy on
> httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

Ah sorry, you will need to upgrade to a current squid.
  Mixed mode has been available since 2.6 allowed multiple ports.

If you build it yourself you will need to include one of the transparent
./configure options as suitable for your OS/FW.

#
# Reverse-Proxy accelerating example.com
#
http_port 80 accel defaultsite=example.com
acl hostedSites dstdomain example.com
cache_peer 172.16.1.115 80 0 no-query no-digest originserver name=webhost
cache_peer_access webhost allow hostedSites
http_access allow hostedSites

#
# Forward-Proxy with Transparent users
#