Re: [squid-users] Reverse proxying http and https

From: Taneli Leppä <taneli@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 14:56:47 +0300

Hello,

Michael Alger wrote:
> My first question is, why do you want to do this?

We have our reasons. I agree it sounds strange.

> My second question is, does squid actually do the SSL handshake
> when you have it set up to connect to port 443 only? I've never
> tried this so I have no idea if it actually works or not, but I
> don't really see why it would.

Yes, it seems to do the handshake properly. All traffic (when
accessing http://mycache.net and https://mycache.net) goes to
https://cached.mycache.net/ when I specify port 433 and "ssl" in
cache_peer options.

Would I be better off just running two instances of Squid on
different ports, one for http and one for https?

--
   Taneli Leppä         | Crasman Co Ltd
   <taneli@crasman.fi>  | <http://www.crasman.fi/>