Re: [squid-users] Reverse proxying http and https

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 14:56:49 +0200

On tis, 2007-10-16 at 13:55 +0300, Taneli Leppä wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to configure a reverse proxy using Squid 2.6 to
> serve pages from another server, using both http and https.

> http://mycache.net/page -> http://cached.mycache.net/page
> https://mycache.net/page -> https://cached.mycache.net/page

Thats fine. Just another example of multiple backend servers..

> I tried adding another cache_peer with port 443, but Squid
> just complains that such cache_peer already exists.

See the name option to cache_peer if you need multiple peers with the
same destination host..

Also see cache_peer_access for selecting which requests gets sent to
which peer. You will need to use this to select that http requests go to
the http peer and https requests go to the https peer.

REgards
Henrik