[squid-users] Reverse proxying http and https

From: Taneli Leppä <taneli@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 13:55:10 +0300

Hello,

I'm trying to configure a reverse proxy using Squid 2.6 to
serve pages from another server, using both http and https.

Lets say my cache server is mycache.net and I want to serve
both types of pages from cached.mycache.net. The result I'm
looking for is:

http://mycache.net/page -> http://cached.mycache.net/page
https://mycache.net/page -> https://cached.mycache.net/page

I can get the configuration working so that http and https
go to destination site's http or https port, but not both
at the same time. My current configuration is like this:

http_port mycache.net:80 vhost vport
https_port mycache.net:443 vhost vport key=/etc/squid/mycache.key
cert=/etc/squid/mycache.crt

cache_peer cached.mycache.net parent 80 0 originserver

acl valid_dst dst mycache.net
http_access allow valid_dst

I tried adding another cache_peer with port 443, but Squid
just complains that such cache_peer already exists.

Any tips for making this configuration work?

--
   Taneli Leppä         | Crasman Co Ltd
   <taneli@crasman.fi>  | <http://www.crasman.fi/>