Re: [squid-users] TCP_MISS/000 in Access.log

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 11:29:55 +1300 (NZDT)

> I have a number of users which are trying to access
> http://www.todaysmilitary.com. However, they are not able to even pull up
> the website on their browsers. I tail'ed the squid access log and noticed
> TCP_MISS/OOO entries. I know that TCP_MISS usually means that the client
> aborted the GET request before SQUID could return the data or that the

No TCP_MISS, just means the URL has no stored objects in cache.
The 000 is the bit usually means aborted.

> website might be unavailable. But in this case neither is true. ECN is
> off
> and the site is accessible on a non proxy computer. The squidclient is
> not
> able to access the url either. I am not sure where to go from here. Any
> help would be appreciated.

Check this out:

 http://www.webservertalk.com/archive254-2004-4-205827.html

- try with "half_closed_clients off".
- try an upgrade
- try checking cache.log to see if there are any reasons given

Amos