[squid-users] url rewriter vs. POST requests

From: Andrew Pantyukhin <infofarmer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 23:59:38 +0400

I have a simple home-grown rewriter which doesn't look at the
method of requests at all. But it looks like even if I'm blocking
a whole site, POST requests still get through.

I know caching (and thus rewriting) POST requests is contrary to
RFC 2616, but sometimes we use url rewriter to block all access
to a site.

Is there a way to make it work or should I be using my rewriter
script as an external acl helper?