RE: [squid-users] IE versus firefox problems

From: Robin Mordasiewicz <rmordasiewicz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:49:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> >> Same here, bug in ie7, it seems to try to load an active x cause I can
> >> get the top of the page then after it ffroze and seems to load and load
> >> and load.
> >
> > thanks for confirming that for me.
> > The site does working going directlyto it without a proxy, and it also
> > works while using M$ ISA proxy.
> >
> > any tips on troubleshooting this for a newb is appreaciated.
>
> 1) try an upgrade to the latest available version of squid.
> - BTW which version are you seeing the problem with?

I have tried with squid-2.5.STABLE14, and now I am on squid-2.6.STABLE16,
the fedora rpm.
Both gave the same problem.

> 2) find out exactly what URI is causing squid problems
> - is the domain doing a 302 redirect or just loading an object?

I have not been able to figure that out. I have tried copying the page
locally and everything appears fine, but accessing it from the original
server is not. I am at a bit of a loss for figuring out which URI is the
causing the problem. I have turned up the debugging, but I dont see any
evidence of any errors.

> 3) try to locate what squids doing from cache.log and "debug_options ALL,5"
>
> 4) ask for help again given any new info you have gleaned in the above.
> - others may see something in the log you missed.
>
> If its still occuring after (1) and the rest don't lead to a configuration
> fix it should probably be brought up in squid-dev or reported as a bug. We
> do want squid to work properly on every site.

ok, well I will wait to see if anyone else has any comments, and then I
guess I will escalate it to a bug report.