Re: [squid-users] How can do squid bypass client's request to orign server if 404 error code occured?.

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:04:54 +0900

Squid wont' give an "access denied" in case of a 404. Squid will cache 404
replies for a while if required. The fact that squid is returning an Access
Denied means something about the request didn't match an allow ACL or matched
a deny ACL.

You should try to understand why Squid is returning an "Access denied" error
here.

Adrian

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007, Seonkyu Park wrote:
> Hi Squid Users.
>
> I'm looking to setup a reverse proxy cache with SQUID if squid can't find pages(html or image)
> then client's request go to origin server. (bypass)
>
> Example.
>
> # Current Status.
> Step 1.
> Client Request => Reverse Proxy(Squid) => Origin Server(Apache)
>
> Step 2.
> HTTP 404 (Not found event)
>
> Step 3.
> Squid Error code =>
>
> ERROR
> The requested URL could not be retrieved
> While trying to retrieve the URL: http://x.x.x.x/asd
> The following error was encountered:
> Access Denied.
> Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.
> Your cache administrator is webmaster.
>
> * I want change like this
>
> Step 3.
> Show Apache Error code (bypass to orign server)

> Thank you very much for your help and advice.

- $25/pm entry-level bandwidth-capped VPSes available in WA -