Re: [squid-users] Configure squid based on content type of http response

From: Dmitry S. Makovey <dmitry@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:03:30 -0600

On October 31, 2007, ying lcs wrote:
> Dmitry,
>
> Thank you for your help. But after I added this in my squid conf.
> Squid stops working.
> When I hit my browser via Squid to get content, nothing returns. No
> even non 'text/plain' content. Can you please tell me what am i
> missing?

Crank up the logging and send over some log snippets and post complete
sqiud.conf (you'd better post those on some website sending URLs here to not
pulute the list). Knowing version of squid you run would help too.

> Thank you.
>
> # TAG: http_reply_access
> # Allow replies to client requests. This is complementary to http_access.
> #
> # http_reply_access allow|deny [!] aclname ...
> #
> # NOTE: if there are no access lines present, the default is to allow
> # all replies
> #
> # If none of the access lines cause a match the opposite of the
> # last line will apply. Thus it is good practice to end the rules
> # with an "allow all" or "deny all" entry.
> #
> #Default:
>
> #http_reply_access allow all
>
> acl plain_content rep_mime_type -i text/plain
> # http_reply_access allow GET_method xml_content from_clients
>
> redirect_program /usr/local/bin/myscript
> redirector_access plain_content
>
> http_reply_access allow all

slightly modified version of this works on our boxes, with Squid2.5-STABLE3
(RedHat AS3) limiting access to resources other than RSS feeds.

--
Dmitry Makovey
Web Systems Administrator