RE: [squid-users] Domain & URL blacklists

From: Thomas Raef <traef06@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 12:08:40 -0500

> My bad, in fact from further analysis it seems that the domain files
are
> the mysite.com listings and URLs are things like
> mysite.com/something/?somethingelse.htm. Does the later have any
> relevance or use within Squid?
>
> Paul Cocker
> IT Systems Administrator

[Tom replied with:]

I don't know about others, but for blocking we generally take the,
"guilt by association" strategy. If a site has one web page that needs
to be blocked (URLs) we block the entire domain. Some might say that's
overkill, but that's the strategy we take.

That' my 2 cents worth.

Thomas J. Raef
e-Based Security, LLC
www.ebasedsecurity.com
1-866-838-6108
"You're either hardened, or you're hacked!"