Re: [squid-users] Delay Pools on Class A Network

From: <mark@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 08:54:55 -0400

Chris -

Thanks again. Yes - it was a 24-bit mask. I knew what I meant(3 255's)
I just wasn't paying enough attention.

One more question - We have 2 T1's, aggregated together, so we have
around 3Mb of bandwidth. I have around 50 public computers and 10
staff computers browsing at any one time that share this pipe. The
staff machines are not on this proxy. Our ISP has the IP address that
goes to the public proxy rate-limited at the router to no more than
75% of total bandwidth, which we can change if we want.

What might be some good numbers to start with to keep the public from
sucking us dry but give each patron enough bandwidth to have a decent
browsing experience?

Also, in your opinion, do we have enough bandwidth, or should I be
researching more?

Thanks again so much,

Mark