Re: [squid-users] Multiple instances of Squid necessary for multiple IP's?

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 10:47:52 +0900

On Sat, Nov 03, 2007, Reid wrote:
> I'm running Squid on a server that has 3 IP addresses, and clients can connect to the proxy using
> any of the 3 IP's. Currently the OUTgoing IP always appears as a single IP, but I want the
> outgoing IP to appear as the IP that the client connected to. Is that possible without running 3
> different instances of Squid on the server?

I think you can use ACLs to match the outgoing IP selection based on the
incoming IP.

http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.6/cfgman/tcp_outgoing_address.html

So you could do something like:

http_port 1.1.1.1:3128
http_port 2.2.2.2:3128
http_port 3.3.3.3:3128

acl dstip1 myip 1.1.1.1
acl dstip2 myip 2.2.2.2
acl dstip3 myip 3.3.3.3

tcp_outgoing_address 1.1.1.1 dstip1
tcp_outgoing_address 2.2.2.2 dstip2
tcp_outgoing_address 3.3.3.3 dstip3

Maybe? I haven't tested it.

Adrian

- $25/pm entry-level bandwidth-capped VPSes available in WA -