[squid-users] RE: Running Squid on NT > default domain on client

From: Wever, J. <Jelle.Wever@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 11:11:59 +0100

Hi People,

I have set up Squid 2.6 on a Win 2003 server with ntlm authentication,
it works great only one problem is that my client (linux thinclients)
are not joined to the domain and whenever they are prompted for a
user/pass the user has to fill: domain\user for it to work.

If the client (user) types just his username and password the hostname
is used as the domain.

I have searched the faq and the email database and found many replies
about configuring samba with smb.conf to use the default domain, however
i'm not using samba.

Is there anywhere else where i might set the default domain so my users
only have to fill in a username and a password (without "domain\")?

Thanks a lot!

Jelle Wever