Re: [squid-users] Optimal maximum cache size

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 17:33:40 +0100

On 05.11.07 19:00, Paul Cocker wrote:
> Is there such a thing as too much disk cache? Presumably squid has to
> have some way of checking this cache, and at some point it takes longer
> to look for a cached page than to serve it direct. At what point do you
> hit that sort of problem, or is it so large no human mind should worry?

you usually don't need too much of content, I guess content more than one
month old is useless. Is only taked place on disk and in memory. Mostly if
it isn't being HIT anymore. However, if your machine is fast enough, it
should not cause any troubles and you can leave as much as you want.

Micro$oft random number generator: 0, 0, 0, 4.33e+67, 0, 0, 0...