[squid-users] WCCPv2 and HTTPS problems

From: Dalibor Dukic <dalibor.dukic@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 18:16:12 +0100

Hi,

I configured transparent squid box and WCCPv2 with CISCO 6k5. After some
time I noticed that clients have problems with HTTPS sites. If I
manually configure proxy setting in browser and bypass WCCP everything
goes OK.

I'm using standard service group (web-cache). Maybe some web server
check that HTTP and HTTPS request are coming with same source address
and block HTTPS access. Clients and squid are on public addresses and
this requests come with different source IPs. I can't change this and
put clients and squid boxes behind NAT machine. :(
Is anyone notice that same behavior?
Maybe I can setup service-group with 80 and 443 port so I can resolve
issues with different IPs, is this correct?

Thanks in advance, Dalibor