Re: [squid-users] Differentiating http and ssl requests.

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 13:15:18 +1300 (NZDT)

> Hi All,
>
> I am using Squid 2.6 Stable 12. I have my configuration like below.
>
> http_port 8080 accel defaultsite=myhttpsite.net
> https_port 8081 accel defaultsite=myhttpsite.net cert=<path_to_cert>
> key=<path_to_key> protocol=http

'tis usually better to accelerate on port 80. That way you don't have to
produce every URL saying myhttpsite.com:8080. and http://myhttpsite.com
will 'just-work'

> By looking above, you might understand the setup. Its
>
> Client <---http & ssl--->Squid<---http--->HTTP Server
>
> My question is that
>
> HTTP Server sees no difference between actual requests, i.e., whether
> client request is http or https.

aha, the certificates on https_port are what squid sends to clients for
that part of the SSL.

There is another set of certs needed on cache_peer to SLL the link between
squid and the actual web server.

> Is there anyway to find out this at backend(Http web server) through
> HTTP Headers or any other configuration?

Depends on the web server capabilities. Nothing to do with squid.

Amos