Re: [squid-users] WCCPv2 and HTTPS problems

From: Tek Bahadur Limbu <teklimbu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 17:15:48 +0545

Hi Adrian,

Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 07, 2007, Hemant Raj Chhetri wrote:
>
>> Hi Adrian,
>> I am also facing the same problem with https
>> sites. Yahoo works fine with me but I am having problem
>> with hotmail. Please advice me on how do I handle this or
>> is there any guide which I can refer to.
>
> I don't know of an easy way to handle this, I'm sorry. I know how I'd handle
> it in Squid-2.6 but it'd require a couple weeks of work and another few weeks
> of testing.

I have 2 FreeBSD-6.2 transparent Squid proxies using WCCP2 with a Cisco
3620 router. Up till now, I am not facing any HTTPS problem. At least,
nobody is complaining about Hotmail and Yahoo web mail services.

> (Considering how much of a problem this has caused people in the past I'm
> surprised a solution hasn't been contributed back to the project..)

Maybe, the solution lies on the setup of the Operating System, Squid and
Router itself.

Thanking you...

--
With best regards and good wishes,