[squid-users] Maximum users a squid-server can handle

From: Goj, Dirk <Dirk.Goj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 13:54:45 +0100

Hi there :)

Is it possible to give any forecast about the maximum clients a specified machine can server in future ? I know it depends hardly on the behave of the clients...

More detailed... a the moment we're using one squid to serve only about 150 inhouse users. In future the proxy should serve 400-600 outsourced office connectet via vpn, but surfing via the proxy-server.

Best thanks

Dirk

As you know, messages sent by e-mail can be manipulated by third
parties. For this reason our e-mail messages are generally not
legally binding. This message (and any files transmitted with it)
may contain confidential and/or privileged material. The
information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity
to which it is addressed.
If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the
sender or the system manager immediately by reply e-mail and
copy, distribution or other use of contents of this message by
prohibited.